JT65-HF-Comfort-4 (a fork by DL4OCE, forked from JT65-HF-220.127.116.11-Comfort-3.3-DL3VCO)
- clear, simplified user interface
- well-documented by showing context-sensitive help
- HRD MySQL support
- very stable
- keyboard shortcuts
- CAT control to set QRG on ur TRX
- comprehensive on-line help (just let your mouse pointer hover over the control you'd like to have explained
- complies to IARU band plans
download installer (v18.104.22.1683a)
Always backup your data before using a new version!!
73 de Arne, DL4OCE ...-.- (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- how to make external bell or similar work with JT65-HF? dualshock game controller's vibration via USB? to mark end of passes. Bought USB mail notifier but didn't get it working, yet, as Lazarus lacks USB support as far as I can tell
- ask community: who can help with documentation of DM780-to-HRD-Logbook-IP-Server protocol? It's in HRDLogbookInterface.dll!!
--> ask HRD logbook whether call/DXCC has already been worked
--> log to HRD log (those two will be different as connection is made to HRD Logbook and not HRD)
- RX/TX progress bar must represent seconds 0-50, not buffer --> only first pass after program start shows wrong progress if not started at second 0
- automatic highlighting of recognized QSO phase
- for future versions: automatic change of QSO phase and text generation
- switch off TX when my reply to CQ call was not heard (when CQ calling station has replied to different station than mine) --> prevent stations from sending at the same time
- do not force user to save settings in settings dialogue
- show own transmission in decode window
- ignore mode when checking wkd status
*=new feature, everything else is bug fixes
2014-02-11 (build 393)
- added shortcuts
- *added MOTD (message of the day) function (can be turned off)
- Comfort remembers last used free text (start over where you've finished!)
- TX text does not display anything when there's nothing to be sent (why should it?)
- we'll only use one slider for both audio channels' gain from now on (I've been looking forward to that!)
2014-02-10 (build 349)
- settings: let the user chose whether debug dialogue is shown after maximum number of transmissions has been reached
2014-02-06 (build 345)
- re-arranged the GUI a bit (configuration dialogue)
- added hints for buttons and checkboxes
- *added option to scroll to the very top after every decoding
- *added option to report your used version of Comfort so I know which versions people are using. That's important for my feed-back so please use it!
- fixed error concerning the distance and bearing calculation
2014-02-05 (build 332)
- lot's of bug fixes, code beautifying and stuff
- Log / Grid: capital letters
- Log / Date: Today if empty
- Log / Time: Now if empty
- Config / LogFilePath: did not work correctly when you first had an error in your filename and then corrected it
- What I did during the past few days: I installed a new virtual machine running Windows 7 English, regional settings US. Tested all versions against these settings and compared to my PC's settings. Had to re-write many, many lines of code and replaced the checkboxes, wrote a locales detection and so on... This whole stuff seems to be working, now, with the different regions, different settings in the program, different found datasets in the ADIF file. This is highly experimental, use it at your own risk! Backup your data! And PLEASE send bug reports to the forum and attach screenshots of the debug window in the settings dialogue (last tab). When this will finally work, one huge burden will be falling off me. Thanks for your support!
2014-02-04 (build 261)
- bug fixes
- there's been an interesting discussion going on with Ulrich, DK4VW, chairman of the IARU region 1 HF commitee. The result is that 3576 kHz might not be compliant with the band plans for our IARU region and therefore has been changed to 3586 kHz in the frequency selection list. You can still use the old non-compliant QRG, of course, by simply defining an additional QRG in the settings. But please remember: you shouldn't!!
- *added distance and bearing display in case the locator is known
2014-01-31 (build 221)
- done some code beautifying again (spot.pas)
- *changed the PSKR string so people can identify the JT65HF version in use
- fixed bug in update check routine, it now checks for alpha versions, too - do you like that behaviour?
2014-01-22 (build 212)
- During the last few days, I've done some code review and beautifying. I tidied it up that much it's now missing more than 2.000 lines and more than 80 kB of code. This has the potential to
go completely wrong, crash, propably destroy your logbook data and so on. I am only a human being. Use it with caution! And of course, I'd be VERY happy about feedback on the forum as I'd
love to take this as the code base for future versions.
- *added manual and automatic update check
2014-01-17 (build 112)
- removed one audio level indicator. The left one only shows the selected channel
- small GUI improvements like buttons moved away from the decode window, clear feedback of too high or too audio level, frequency display, ...
- removed redundancy in the window title generation
- many, many code enhancements that I simply cannot name
2014-01-15 (build 55)
- HNY! I've been trying to fix an issue concerning decimal representation in different parts of the world which was extremely hard to debug but hopefully will work, now
- *only show audio level in red when channel is selected and seconds between 49 and 00
- *only show selected audio channel level
- *hint texts for audio channel selection and others
- set debug window's position to inside the screen
- *add additional JT65 frequencies
- *Comfort now has a price: you owe me one QSO! :)
- save settings: waterfall speed. And all other settings concerning the spectrum (color map, brightness, contrast, smooth, speed and gain)
- *comes with setup file for easy installation - no dependencies to other versions, any more
- *JT65-HF now logs to HRD 5 if the underlying DBMS is MySQL (up to version 5.5). This is highly experimental and not what I intentionally wanted to do. It logs QSOs without HRD taking any notice of it, so
you'll have to refresh HRD logbook to see the added QSO.
This means that it does not store DXCC information, for example. Propably this is not what you want to do! Neither does it trigger HRDlog.net or eQSL.cc upload. Be aware this is a work-around and know what
you're doing! I am still looking for a documentation on how to log directly to HRD via the interface DM780 uses - this way, HRD will do all the stuff required.
- Comfort 4 alpha is here! It's a public alpha release and I hope there will be many testers with high quality bug reports.
- updated some libraries
- many small internal fixes, for example concerning frequency handling, sometimes I'll have to mention these ;)
- changed the QSO button's captions - do you like it?
- Q: prefixes like ZA/DL4OCE? --> impossible due to WSJT protocol restrictions
- check JT-Alert and JT-Macro functionality (never used this so I cannot tell whether it should be working) --> contacted Laurie, VK3AMA
--> Laurie has fixed the issue - this guy rocks! :)
- changed format of station1.xml to make further work with JT-Alert and Macro right from the start
- *I finally managed to change style and behaviour of the TX/RX progress bar to what I imagined all the time. You can now recognize what phase you're in much better. This took me a long time as
I first had to add a component for this and modify it to my needs
- *status bar now shows number of QSOs in log
- frequency display defaults to 0 instead of 14076 on program startup
- change tab stop and tab order behaviour in some config dialogs
- ask community: three-way-button for "TX active/TXing"? --> it's not worth the time spending
- ask community: "TX Text" and "TX Generated" as one field? --> no-one likes that, dropped
- *set QRG on rig connected to HRD
- make config dialogs modal
- that was nasty, yesterday! Let's not talk about it... :-/ I'll go on in REALLY small steps from now on..test for your life! :)
- I had to revert back to the old config directory as otherwise RB and sometimes PSKR wouldn't work as expected. So you should either rename the config dir from ...-Comfort-3.3-DL4OCE to
Comfort-3.3 or make a copy of it with this name, so you can keep your settings
- *Comfort is finally able to QSY when connected to HRD
- *number of RB and PSKR spots is now shown directly after "RB" and "PSKR"
- I had it save all settings on quit, but this sometimes led to a crash so please be patient - I'll hopefully find a way to save settings like the waterfall color scheme, RB, PSKR and so on, pretty soon...
- won't mention small changes, anymore
- *StatusBar now shows [RB] and [PSKR] if according checkboxes are not checked
- many many small bug fixes
- make some dialogs modal
- solve bug that prevents from proper program start due to config path miscalculation
- shortcut <CTRL> + R to re-decode last reception
- shortcut <CTRL> + D to delete reception history
- many many small bug fixes
- *Esc stops current transmission (finally ;) )
- SOLVED: - add NTP client --> propose to install a separate one like nettime (www.timesynctool.com)
- *"defaults" button now shows which input fields will be cleared
2013-02-26, tidying up the GUI...
- many many small bug fixes
- *progress of TX/RX below time
- *remove date display (is now tool-tip of time)
- hide some things which I think are obsolete
- *put some things in a status bar at the bottom
- *use some icons - better recognizability
- *move some texts in tool tips
- shrink configuration dialogues
- many many small GUI fixes...