JT65-HF-Comfort-4 alpha (a fork by DL4OCE, forked from JT65-HF-126.96.36.199-Comfort-3.3-DL3VCO)
download installer (v188.8.131.52)
latest .exe only (v184.108.40.206)
Always backup your data before using a new version!!
73 de Arne, DL4OCE ...-.- (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- how to make external bell or similar work with JT65-HF? dualshock game controller's vibration via USB? to mark end of passes. Bought USB mail notifier but didn't get it working, yet, as Lazarus lacks USB support as far as I can tell
- ask community: who can help with documentation of DM780-to-HRD-Logbook-IP-Server protocol? It's in HRDLog001.dll!!
--> ask HRD logbook whether call/DXCC has already been worked
--> log to HRD log (those two will be different as connection is made to HRD Logbook and not HRD)
- RX/TX progress bar must represent seconds 0-50, not buffer --> only first pass after program start shows wrong progress if not started at second 0
- automatic highlighting of recognized QSO phase
- for future versions: automatic change of QSO phase and text generation
- switch off TX when my reply to CQ call was not heard (when CQ calling station has replied to different station than mine) --> prevent stations from sending at the same time
- do not force user to save settings in settings dialogue
- show own transmission in decode window
- ignore mode when checking wkd status
- only show audio level in red when channel is selected and seconds between 49 and 00
- only show selected audio channel level
- hint texts for audio channel selection and others
- set debug window's position to nside the screen
- add additional JT65 frequencies
- price: you owe me one QSO! :)
- save settings: waterfall speed. And all other settings concerning the spectrum (color map, brightness, contrast, smooth, speed and gain)
- comes with setup file for easy installation - no dependencies to other versions, any more
- JT65-HF now logs to HRD 5 if the underlying DBMS is MySQL (up to version 5.5). This is highly experimental and not what I intentionally wanted to do. It logs QSOs without HRD taking any notice of it, so
you'll have to refresh HRD logbook to see the added QSO.
This means that it does not store DXCC information, for example. Propably this is not what you want to do! Neither does it trigger HRDlog.net or eQSL.cc upload. Be aware this is a work-around and know what
you're doing! I am still looking for a documentation on how to log directly to HRD via the interface DM780 uses - this way, HRD will do all the stuff required.
- Comfort 4 alpha is here! It's a public alpha release and I hope there will be many testers with high quality bug reports.
- updated some libraries
- many small internal fixes, for example concerning frequency handling, sometimes I'll have to mention these ;)
- changed the QSO button's captions - do you like it?
- Q: prefixes like ZA/DL4OCE? --> impossible due to WSJT protocol restrictions
- check JT-Alert and JT-Macro functionality (never used this so I cannot tell whether it should be working) --> contacted Laurie, VK3AMA
--> Laurie has fixed the issue - this guy rocks! :)
- changed format of station1.xml to make further work with JT-Alert and Macro right from the start
- I finally managed to change style and behaviour of the TX/RX progress bar to what I imagined all the time. You can now recognize what phase you're in much better. This took me a long time as
I first had to add a component for this and modify it to my needs
- status bar now shows number of QSOs in log
- frequency display defaults to 0 instead of 14076 on program startup
- change tab stop and tab order behaviour in some config dialogs
- ask community: three-way-button for "TX active/TXing"? --> it's not worth the time spending
- ask community: "TX Text" and "TX Generated" as one field? --> no-one likes that, dropped
- set QRG on rig connected to HRD
- make config dialogs modal
- that was nasty, yesterday! Let's not talk about it... :-/ I'll go on in REALLY small steps from now on..test for your life! :)
- I had to revert back to the old config directory as otherwise RB and sometimes PSKR wouldn't work as expected. So you should either rename the config dir from ...-Comfort-3.3-DL4OCE to
Comfort-3.3 or make a copy of it with this name, so you can keep your settings
- Comfort is finally able to QSY when connected to HRD
- number of RB and PSKR spots is now shown directly after "RB" and "PSKR"
- I had it save all settings on quit, but this sometimes led to a crash so please be patient - I'll hopefully find a way to save settings like the waterfall color scheme, RB, PSKR and so on, pretty soon...
- won't mention small changes, anymore
- StatusBar now shows [RB] and [PSKR] if according checkboxes are not checked
- many many small bug fixes
- make some dialogs modal
- solve bug that prevents from proper program start due to config path miscalculation
- shortcut <CTRL> + R to re-decode last reception
- shortcut <CTRL> + D to delete reception history
- many many small bug fixes
- Esc stops current transmission (finally ;) )
- SOLVED: - add NTP client --> propose to install a separate one like nettime (www.timesynctool.com)
- "defaults" button now shows which input fields will be cleared
2013-02-26, tidying up the GUI...
- many many small bug fixes
- progress of TX/RX below time
- remove date display (is tool-tip of time)
- hide some things which I think are obsolete
- put some things in a status bar at the bottom
- use some icons - better recognizability
- move some texts in tool tips
- shrink configuration dialogues
- many many small GUI fixes...
- Laurie, VK3AMA, reported that the ADIF logging won't work on his machine. Haven't received any other bug reports on this issue, so PLEASE send me yuor bug reports as I was not able to reproduce the issue, so far!